We provide a service that can help manage an individual’s financial affairs. At present we have money management responsibilities for over 200 social care clients.

There are two legal processes that can be used and each one allows us to manage some or all aspects of an individual’s finances.

The support is offered to adults that lack mental capacity to manage their financial affairs and have no other suitable person/organisation to assist.

Our aim is to provide financial security and promote independence, working closely with the individual to maintain their wellbeing. For more information and examples or our work please contact us.

Case Example

  • Individual referred following a mental capacity assessment on balance show they lacked capacity to manage their property and financial affairs
  • Individual has a history of mental health problems including self-harming exacerbated by their lack of understanding around finances and accruing large debt whilst living in the community
  • Due to now living in permanent residential care there is a clear need to support them with their finances as part of holistic support
  • The individuals long term goal was to return to an independent living environment and manage smaller amounts of money themselves
Watch our example
  • Reviewed the need and agreed to assist with the individual’s financial affairs whilst being mindful of the least restrictive option as capacity was present to authorise to act on their behalf avoiding the need for a COP application to become the deputy for property and affairs
  • Became individuals DWP benefit appointee to enable us to manage all of their benefits, part of the process entails checking all benefits entitled to whilst managing payment for ongoing care and accommodation
  • Face-to-face visits took place to agree weekly manageable budgets for personal items and actively develop and maintain relationships
  • Enabled re-assurance individuals’ finances were being managed so they could focus on their health and wellbeing towards their long-term goal of greater independence

Our Offer

We apply to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to become the individuals benefit appointee. This allows us to manage all DWP and Housing Benefit claims and payments.

With this option we will also be able to set up a bank account for the individual and arrange day to day transactions such as personal spends.

This service does not allow us to manage other financial areas governed by data protection so is only suitable for those with limited income/outgoings.

Court of Protection Property and Affairs Deputy

This legal process will allow us to apply to the Court of Protection to become the Property and Affairs Deputy. The deputyship order gives the nominated officer within our organisation the legal authority to manage all aspects of the individual’s financial affairs (court order restrictions permitting).

We will adhere to the order made and may work with financial experts such as independent financial advisors to undertake the role to the highest standard.

As this is a court order, we have to account for all monies spent and decisions made and regular reports are submitted to the Office of Public Guardian (OPG) to ensure all legal processes are being adhered to. This means that the work we do is checked by an independent person working for the court service.

How to refer to us

At present we accept new referrals for individuals through the Single Point of Access, please call us on 01472 256 256.

What it costs


  • Annual fixed costs apply, full details available on request
  • Zero banking transaction fees (ATM’s may charge independent usage fee’s)
  • Interest paid on your current account

Court of Protection (COP) Property and Affairs Deputy

  • COP Application Fees
  • Deputy Surety Bond
  • Office of the Public Guardian

External Fees apply, click here.

Internal Fees apply, fixed costs.

  • £944 for Appointment to Deputy (one off fee)
  • Annual Management, Deputy Report & other fees apply as set out in individuals Court Order
  • Zero banking transaction fees (ATM’s may charge independent usage fees)
  • Interest paid on your current account