Policies & Procedures
Optima Privacy Notice
Policies & Procedures
Training is accessed through the Optima self-service training database. New staff will need to be set up by the Workforce Development Team in order for you to be able to book them onto courses – see option 5 on the Optima home page.
Course Booking Policy
- Optima is a live system and bookings are made in real time.
- All information on course times and venues is visible on the system at all times and it is your responsibility to ensure that once a place is booked the member of staff is informed and attends as booked. Optima sends an automated booking confirmation e-mail, however some organisations have IT systems that block automated e-mails – please note that not receiving booking confirmations will not be accepted as a valid reason for waiving course charges.
- A small number of our courses require a certain amount of physical movement – it is imperative that delegates wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Failure to do so may result in delegates being turned away and the course attendance fee of £30 per person for a full day course or £20 per person for a half-day or less will still be incurred. If delegates have any medical or physical condition which will affect their involvement in the more physical aspects of these courses they should discuss this (in confidence) with the trainer before the course commences.
- Delegates are expected to arrive on time and stay for the whole duration of the course – delegates arriving late or generally disrupting the course may be turned away at the discretion of the trainer and the course charge will still be incurred.Any delegate leaving early will not be given a certificate and the attendance will be marked as incomplete on our system and the course charge will still be incurred.
- If you are attempting to book a place with less than 7 days’ notice Optima will prompt you to complete a booking request form and send this to Workforce Development as they monitor bookings within this period. Self service is unavailable during the 7 day period.
- All bookings can be cancelled directly through Optima unless they are within 7 days of the course date, in which case Optima will prompt you to send through the relevant form to the Workforce Development Team to action the cancellation.
- All bookings cancelled within 7 days of the course date will still be charged at the normal course attendance fee of £30 per person for a full day course or £20 per person for a half-day or less. There will be no exception to this, whatever the reason is for cancellation.
- Non-attendance on the day (for whatever reason) will be charged at the normal course attendance fee of £30 per person for a full day course or £20 per person for a half-day or less. There will be no exception to this.
- Where a delegate is turned away from the course if it becomes clear they have worked the previous night or are due to work the night of the course, or due to wearing inappropriate clothing the place will still be charged at the normal course attendance fee of £30 per person for a full day course or £20 per person for a half-day or less. There will be no exception to this.
The Workforce Development Team reserves the right to cancel events if they are inadequately supported.
If you need to access specific training and there are no dates available please e-mail to Workforce Development. Names will be held on a waiting list until dates become available.